In the Icehouse you will find 150 year old underground arched chambers which were used to store the ice which chilled the salmon en route to London. These chambers are now used to display all aspects of the net salmon fishing industry including:
- history of ice houses;
- domestic and industrial Life cycle of the Atlantic salmon;
- a fisherman’s life in the bothies;
- salmon net fishing along the Moray coast;
- tons of ice – from where;
- boat building in Findhorn.
May: weekend afternoons 2pm – 5pm
June, July & August: every day afternoons 2pm – 5pm
September: weekend afternoons 2pm – 5pm
Free admission – donations appreciated.